Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dada out of town

We tried to pass the time while Jeff was out of town for four days. In Vegas. At a "conference." We made yummy enchiladas. And even managed to save some left-overs for Dada. Enzo soaked the tortillas in chicken broth, helped to fill and roll them, drizzled green sauce and cheese on top, sprinkled green onion, and helped me eat em up.

Enzo stopped screaming "Dada" and "eat. eat. eat." long enough for these two shots at his last swimming lesson for the session.

This is Ms. Rose - his swim coach.

Claire, Kayden, and my mom joined us at the Fullerton Market. We lounged in the grass, played, listened to music and had dinner.


Check this out. I took both my children TO THE MOVIES!! Um, yeah, I did. Only because it was the Regal Family Film Festival in Brea and I figured if Enzo or Gianna couldn't hang, we could always leave. I mean, it's free. And the theater would be filled with other kids whining and being fidgety. After the initial "no. no. no. bye bye. bye bye." I thought we'd be done. Then, the genius that I am came up with "Enzo, it's a giant DVD. And here is a special candy I've been saving for a special occasion." Awww, yeah. Worked like a charm.
Even Gianna was craning her neck to see the flick. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
Foxie enjoyed the movie, and the cushy velour seats as well. Before I knew it, the credits were rolling and I was in shock that we survived a movie!! An entire movie. Then I felt lame for making such a big deal about it, until I got a high-five from a fellow mom (she had two girls, maybe 8 and 10) in the parking lot.

If going to see a movie wasn't enough excitement for one day, Enzo and I painted our very first painting, thanks to Brooke for the easle and paper. I put an old t-shirt of Jeff's on him and he rubbed his face into the shoulder and fondly said "Aww. Dada shirt." Enzo is an artiste, just like his Auntie Godmother, for sure.

And this pic was just too cute not to include.
All in all, we survived without Dad. But let me tell you - it will be a long time before we let him out of our sight for that long again. And mad props to single parents out there. It is no joke.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

hi! i was just 'next blogging' my way through bloggerland and came upon your site...really nice photos of the kids! you sound truly happy with your life and it was so much fun to read about it...glad you made it through the movie...you are one brave soul!!