Sunday, July 11, 2010

Diving and Dentist

This week, Enzo had two firsts: swimming lessons and a trip to the dentist. He was a true champ for both occasions.

I had scheduled a consultation for Enzo immediately following my teeth cleaning, just so the dentist could maybe peek inside real quick to tell me how his chompers were faring. I knew that he would not sit through an entire exam. (Afterall, I have to bribe the kid with a vitamin every morning and night in order to get him to brush his teeth for 1 minute.) After about 3 minutes of him wiggling on my lap, he opened wide and let the dentist look inside with a tiny mirror. (Must of been all the practicing I had done with him during the week leading up to the dentist. Oh, and we read Elmo Visits the Dentist over and over again, too.) Then, the hygienist wanted to take a try at polishing his teeth which I was sure was going to be an exercise in futility. After she tickled his fingernail with the spinning, funny, and very special toothbrush, she polished every one of his teeth with bubblegum toothpaste. As he laid there with his mouth open wide. Ah. Maze. Ing.

A few days later, the swimming lesson...

We weren't sure how it was going to go. We had previewed a class before we signed up to see if he wanted to do a Parent and Me class with the other kids. "Yes. Pool." he said, so we signed up several weeks ago. He looked a little apprehensive at first.

It turns out that our little Enzo took to swimming like a fish in, er, water. I taught him how to blow bubbles in the water during our Palm Desert vacation, so this skill was review for him. I've never seen a kid with dimples look so cute blowing bubbles in a swimming pool.
Here are all the other parents and me's. Special thanks to my mom for serving as lifeguard, photographer, and deckside babysitter to Gianna.
The next day, we visited Josie's new home in Ontario, complete with a few community pools.

Here, we practiced "[Eye Contact.] 1. 2. 3. Jump!"

Gianna coo'd and observed from the deck.

Enzo screamed with delight while in the pool with his Auntie Godmother.

No comments: