Friday, July 23, 2010

Back to work: Week 1 done


On my first day back to the office, this lovely poster was waiting for me on my desk. And since I try to squeeze in four days worth of work on three days and am the earliest to arrive, I had a chance to reacclimate in silence and peace. And had a chance to remember what I do for a living. Yep, I'm back in the saddle.

Returning to work after my second maternity leave is night and day from the first time. After having Enzo, and having just hired a nanny to take care of my precious baby, I had to deal with the fact that a stranger was in my house, hoping the house wouldn't burn down, or my child would be kidnapped. (On top of all the guilt, second-guessing, and stress that comes along with being a working mom.) This time I just had to deal with the latter, being that Brooke has been working with us for more than a year and has done a great job with Enzo. We are at ease with the quality of care our children are getting, and it's pretty much the same for her, except for an additional child. And a larger paycheck.

Gianna looks like she really misses me, huh? Torn. Up.

A pouty kiss sent to me via MMS text. These things keep me going while I'm at work.

And today was Jeff's first day solo with both children. And boy does he appreciate me now. I walked in the door and this is what I saw. Jeff soaked in Gianna's "spit up." Literally head to knees. Does anyone agree that this amount of spit up is NOT "normal?"

No comments: