Monday, July 12, 2010

Cheap. Frugal. Smart.

I read on Facebook that my friend and doula, Brenda, was dressing her kids up as cows for a free meal at Chick-Fil-A. I was like, whhaaaatt? So I went to their website and learned all about Cow Appreciation Day, and proceeded to download and print the "cow starter kit" complete with a tail, spots, nose, and ears. Afterall, if you came dressed as a cow, you got a free meal. I'm in.
And Jeff was a little excited about the prospect of dressing up for Halloween in the middle of July.

Yeah. I did it. What?

"Oh my gosh. For a free chicken strip? Really?! You are totally embarrassing me!"

Even Gianna is mortified. But cute in her bovine bib. Presh! A little public discomfort was worth a free $26 meal.
Then, in Real Simple magazine, I read that on 7/11/10, 7-11 was giving away free slurpees from 7 am to 11 pm. So yeah, I put it on my calendar and we headed to our neighborhood 7-11 for a 7.11 oz slurpee.

Jeff has no idea that Gianna is throwing up into his slurpee. By the way - the nicest strip of grass in an alley behind a 7-11 that I've ever seen.

No comments: