Sunday, August 1, 2010

4 months!


* Little G is the cutest thing ever. She smiles on command and I swear I see a twinkle in her eye. Her baby fat is in full affect, and I love kissing and squeezing her thighs, arms, and tummy. Oh yeah, and those cheeks!

*I returned to work this month, so she's been forced to become a little bit more independent. Fortunately, I get to sneek out of the house before the kids are up (or the sun is up, for that matter). When they pick me up from the train station in the afternoon, she is all smiles and seems very happy to see me. It warms my heart. She has become a champ at drinking her breastmilk from a bottle (when I'm not here). Maybe that's where her lovely lady rolls are coming from.


*Gianna's colic/pain/screaming became so bad the week before I went back to work, that I had to try something. So, we tried soy formula for 11 days. No change in her behavior, and no relief to this poor little one. And I longed to nurse her instead of just pumping full time. Couple this with the fact that I was also back at work, trying to keep up my milk supply and really needing to bond with her -- and it was a little rough. Gratefully, mostly just for me. It was back to the boob and us just praying that this "phase" will pass soon.



* I've been able to squeeze her into the 3 month old clothes. Until now. She is officially 3-6 month in her evening wear. She's way too long for 3 month old footed jammies. And we've had to graduate her into a larger Swaddle Me blanket so she can extend her legs. Of course the velcro tabs are too big around, but we're improvising. (She also loves holding her own hands.)

*She has never really been a big fan of the pacifiers (why are my kids the only ones who don't go for them?!) but has become a finger and thumb sucker. She sleeps with them in her mouth:
... and she has them in her mouth when she's not sleeping:

*At her last well-baby visit, I forgot to schedule her next one and just realized that she was supposed to weigh in at 4 months. Ooops. We'll see if we can get in to see the doctor before her next 6-month well baby. We weighed her anyway, and could it be that she weighs 15 lbs??

*Our little girl has come to truly enjoy her bathtime. Almost as much as her adorable brother:
She splashes all over the place.

All while checking herself out in the mirror.

All clean!

No comments: