Friday, May 22, 2009

We both survived

I just returned from three days and two nights away from Enzo. I think I did a bit better than him. I left on Wednesday morning for a business trip to Washington, DC and returned this afternoon.

It was a lot different than my past trips. Since I weaned Enzo completely about 8-10 days ago, there was no need to schlep my breastpump and all the bottles and ice packs, etc. Just me and a carry-on.

Enzo, on the other hand, began cutting a molar just as soon as I left. Fever, sad, fussy, no sleep, not a lot of food. Thank God Brooke, Josie, and Jeff shared the load and tried make him as comfortable as possible. Both nights Enzo awoke numerous times, yelling mamamamamamama. Made me both really happy and really sad.

Once I returned, I grabbed him my arms and we both smiled ear to ear. Then he celebrated with his first In N Out burger.

No comments: