Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Murphy


Enzo and Murphy have been getting a little more friendly with each other.


Murphy seems intrigued by this little boy, as opposed to the teeny baby that didn't really do much.


Enzo has become interested in Murphy's tongue and nose than petting her back, as I have repeatedly suggested.

Many people have asked why I haven't mentioned Murphy lately, and wondered if she even still lived with us. Well, I must admit that Murphy's place of importance has been exchanged with Enzo's. And because she lives outside 100% of the time, she has been sometimes down-right ignored. After seeing the movie Marley and Me a few months ago, and feeling incredibly guilty, I have been making more of an effort to include Murphy in our lives.

I constantly try to resist the urge to keep Enzo from Murphy, afraid of dirt or filthy dog hair or mouth foam or slimey slobber on Enzo's face/arms/hands/legs/clothes. Enzo loves sitting in his bubble car, watching me play with Murphy and run her in the yard. I even have mastered the fine art of Enzo, Murphy, and me on a walk (something that Jeff won't even try!) The next step will be when I feel confident enough to have Enzo (unprotected by a red plastic car) and Murphy roaming free in the yard.

No comments: