Monday, May 25, 2009

Cool cut for this kid


I don't know if you've noticed lately, but our poor child looks eerily like an Orthodox Jew, with his curling locks hanging in front of his ears. That's cool if that's the look you're going for. We are not.


This location we spotted was way cool. It was all we could do to get him off the floor in the reception area (note -- need to get Enzo LEGOS!!!) to climb atop the yellow cab that awaited him. He was truly stoked. Nevermind the caring explanation of a comb, brush, vibrating clippers, scissors that the gifted hair artist delivered to him as she proceded through the steps of a kid's haircut -- all Enzo wanted to do was DRIVE! I don't even think he noticed the DVD playing the movie CARS in front of him.


Oh, wait. This is him either spotting his handsome self in the mirror or seeing McQueen on screen.

She asked us if we wanted long surfer look, a long boy's cut, or a short boy's cut. I was like, uh... We are under Mema's orders NOT to go for the long surfer look, and there's plenty of time for the short boy's cut. Let's go with long boy's cut. Yeah.


I carefully wrapped the two little curls she cut first in a little white envelope. And I think I cried a little. I swear we were like the paparazzi, clicking and filming. I exchanged knowing glances with the other moms in there, getting their kids' hair cut.


Miss Kassie, his "stylist", tried out the classic rock-a-billie lock, the feaux-hawk, and conservative Officer Dan look, until we settled on spikey cool kid style.

It seems like he approves. He kept touching it.


Once it was over, Enzo got sad and wanted to stay in the car. This was right before they tried to sell us a 1 oz jar of $20 organic kids' hairwax. Sheawww!


My reward. My first haircut, and my first DumDum.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Meow! Diggin' on the new style!