Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom's Day and Enzo's Actual Birthday


Where's my cake??

Good morning, Birthday Boy. All you get are bubbles.


He can't believe he's one.


Since Mom's Day is mom's favorite day of the year, we always have a special and fun-filled day of musical theater, music, theater, dining, or a combination of all four. Today, we threw in some "comedy" and some "magic" in the mix. Someone needs to tell Merlin the Magician to wash his costume. And get some new jokes. And clean his fingernails. I mean, seriously, we are ALL looking at your hands. You're a freaking magician!!!


The Queen with the tiara and magic wand. Provided by Josie the Great. My toast was: To Mom, without whom none of us would be here. To Claire, who will soon be a mom to the little bun in the oven. To Josie, whose maternal qualities have meant the world to me. Cheers!!

And then Mom killed it with an off-color joke. I know where I get it from.


I came home to this. Happiness.


And then a family bikeride. (Since I started the day off with cake and a left-over hamburger. Yikes.) Thanks for making me a mom. This year's celebration was a bit easier than last year's when I was trying to maneuver in my hospital bed after coming down from the labor and delivery meds. Oh, yeah. And the 32 hours of labor.

Happy Mom's Day to all the muthuhs!! The hardest and best and most fulfilling job in the world!

No comments: