Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy anniversary to our home

Two years ago today, Jeff and I moved into our awesome home. I remember writing the letter that we submitted with our offer (which was $100k less than what the sellers were asking for). I said that we wanted to raise our family in a diverse neighborhood such as this, and that it wasn't just going to be a house, but it would be our home. And our home it is.

Last year, I far from celebrated. It was the night I broke my ankle, 6 1/2 months preggers. Jeff was in Seattle for work, and I was hysterical. My sisters came to my rescue. And took me to the hospital for x-rays (which I was convinced would lead to my baby having 3 arms.)

And now, two years after we moved in, we have a family. Our little two-armed Enzo has allowed us to really like a family. It's been amazing. We've made a few improvements to the house: installed new carpet throughout, created a dog run for Murphy, installed outdoor lighting, repaired several indoor and outdoor electrical outlets and switches, installed high-efficiency toilets, replaced all lighting with CFLs, installed recessed lighting, installed a ceiling fan, painted the master bedroom, improved landscaping. Next up: kitchen remodel.

Happy anniversary to 4020!!

No comments: