Saturday, May 1, 2010

1 month old


It's hard to believe that Gianna is a month old today.
*Gianna stills sleeps a lot - mostly during the day. She's still figuring out what is night and what is day.
*She nurses every two hours for about 30-40 minutes. Including at midnight, 2 and 4 am.
*When she's awake, her eyes are wide open and is very alert. She seems to carefully take everything in.
*She still seems so petite. She wears "newborn" size clothing and "newborn" size diapers.
*She makes direct eye contact, especially with me. She takes note when Enzo walks into the room.
*Gianna seems to have a bit of intestinal distress. She cries for 20-30 minutes several times per day and is only consoled when she fills her diaper or fragrences the air.
*She prefers for me to wear her in a sling, and I've been carrying her on me for a few weeks.
*She is experimenting a bit with pacifiers. A lady in the waiting room at my doctor told me to try the Soothie. Gianna has taken more to this one that any other we've tried.

We all have enjoyed getting to know this sweet baby. We love you, Little G!

No comments: