Sunday, May 9, 2010

Me, Mother of Two


Well, the Mothers' Day photo shoot didn't go as planned, but hey, it's a metaphor for motherhood. Despite your best-laid plans, at least one child doesn't cooperate.


Mother and daughter. I still can't believe I have one.


My mom and sisters had our annual Mothers' Day theater excursion. This time to Candlelight Pavilion in Claremont to see Thoroughly Modern Millie. And, yeah, I have balls of steel. I brought a baby to see some musical theater. And I only spent a quarter of the show nursing, rocking, changing diapers or otherwise consoling Gianna outside. How my life has changed. I instantly went from the girl who says "Who would bring a baby to the theater?!" to "Hey, I don't have enough milk saved up to put her on a bottle while I'm out gallivanting for 6 hours."
Happy Moms' Day, Ma. Thanks for teaching me through your example!

No comments: