Monday, June 9, 2008

On my own

So last week, Jeff went back to work. Jeff (aka water fetcher, nursing pillow arranger, errand-runner, dinner-cooker, run-up-the-stairs-when-I-forget-something-er, etc. etc.). Even though I have been feeling better physically - my blood pressure finally has come down a bit and the headaches have begun to subside, so I'm hoping the fear of a stroke that the doc had given me is now a moot point - I'm trying to take it easy. I was directed to not lift anything heavier than Enzo for six, count 'em, six weeks. No laundry, no vacuuming, no grocery shopping, no exercising, etc. Ugh, can you say stir crazy? So last week, my sisters, Josie and Claire, answered the call. So, I wasn't really on my own.

Today, however, was my first day as a full-time mommy. No one to hold Enzo when nature called, no one to hand me the phone as it rang off the hook - of course, only when I was nursing. I made it through - and I even had dinner ready when Jeff came home (don't tell Doc). We're all in one piece. And I kinda liked it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy hyphen Jo, you are and will be a fantastic loving mommy. Enzo is one lucky kid!