Saturday, December 11, 2010

Decking our halls


It was a long road to this decision, but we finally opted for the artificial Christmas tree. I admit, I completely missed the trip to the tree lot and the hunt for the perfect tree, and the smell of authentic pine in the house, but I don't think I'll miss having to drop $70 each year on a dead tree only to have it turn crispy in a few short days.


Enzo really enjoyed helping me decorate our tree...
...and an unrelated pic of a cutie trying to imitate another cutie. Tongue out and all. Love the hand in the pocket. OK, back to Christmas prep.

I was delighted to see that the sign at the Brea Mall authentic Santa said that you COULD take pics with your own camera only if you purchased a package. At least for the past two years (since I never looked twice at the Santa's village pre-kids), the sign said NO CAMERAS allowed. I always got so peeved at the other moms who would snap away with their own point-and-shoots while I (rule follower) settled for the pic shot by the stoner behind the camera.

I said I'd buy the digital image ($30!), set Gianna on Santa's lap and started shooting away. This was the pic I wish I'd gotten when Enzo first met Santa.

Gianna is about to notice she's on some strange guy's lap. But not before I got this shot.

Gianna fell apart while Enzo politely folded his hands in his lap like "a good little boy." I think even Santa is impressed.

This was the "professional" shot. Gianna - swollen face and tear-stained cheeks - and Santa not looking so jolly. Enzo's recently-perfected shy-guy-I-swear-it-wasn't-me face.

And once Sissy was out of the way, he told Santa all about the choo-choo churain and truck and candy he wanted for Christmas. And flashed his very best fake smile.

Walking out of Santa's village and hoping I scored at least one picture I could use for our Christmas cards, I saw the back of the set with all kinds of presents and poinsettias. I backed that stroller up while u-turning it, ducked under the velvet ropes, shoved the plants out of the way and stuffed my kids up on the only small corner without the creepy full-sized reindeer dressed in vests and ties. I told Enzo to put his arm around Gianna and he refused, saying "kick back." And this pic ended up being the Christmas card.

No comments: