Saturday, June 12, 2010

Carney circuit

My mom and Josie and I made plans to see the Pointer Sisters in concert at the St. Angela Merici church carnival (yeah, you read that right!). As I thought about going to a church carnival without my kids or husband, I felt a little guilty. So off we all went -- and the plan was for the adult girls to stay out late doing the neutron dance to jams like "Jump for my Love" and "He's So Shy."


My mom introduced Enzo to Dots ice cream. And he likey.


I had no idea how excited Jeff gets for cake walks. This shot was taken during round 3, I think. No cakes.


Despite the screaming bloody murder episode wanting to ride the bumper cars, Enzo was not a fan of the merry-go-round. He had to settle on the Tiny Tots Monster Truck ride.


"Truh. Truh. Tow Truh. Dum Truh."




Oh, and the Pointer Sisters, who were scheduled to perform at 7 pm, still hadn't taken the stage at 9:15 pm. We all split and went home. And I was pissed.

The very next weekend, we pointed ourselves to Covina for the St. Louise Carnival. I had organized a little 20 year reunion for my 8th grade class, and had about 12-15 of my childhood friends gather to reminisce using sub-par yearbooks and yellowing photographs.
One of my favorite cheers was "S. SLS. Yes, yes. SLS. (clap)." Genius.

Class of '90. Yep. Yep.

No comments: