Sunday, October 26, 2008

You're the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

It occurred to me that now that I'm a mom, it is my responsibility to bring my son to the pumpkin patch. Good thing I realized this before the straw, pumpkins and carnival games got packed up and left town. (Did you realize that pumpkin patches are carnival-like affairs, these days??)


Of course, he has a costume made from fleece to keep him warm on Halloween, but today, it was a cool 97 in the shade.


Jeff was dashing hither and yon around with the video camera and still camera as if Enzo was going to spontaneously combust from the heat. He was sweating like a pimp in Church, saying "Enzo, 1,2,3 -- 1,2,3, -- over here 1,2,3," snapping and clicking like a fiend. Again, Enzo didn't seem the least bit bothered by it all. He's used to the heat. And he's used to the paparazzi.


The most tragic part of our visit was watching this stoner kid driving around a gas-powered choo-choo train, while text messaging. Taking the lives of innocent little children into his grimy hands. Being a Metrolink commuter, with the tragedy of the worst Metrolink train disaster still fresh in my memory, I really despise people who text while driving or who continue to talk on the cell phone while driving, even though it's now against the law.


But I digress.


Even though we got our pumpkin at Trader Joe's, it was still fun walking around the Great Pumpkin Patch with our little Charlie Brown.





No comments: