Friday, May 2, 2008

This is only a test- If this was the real thing I would know what to do.

So the last post was before we received test results showing that AJ may have had high protein in her lab sample. High protein with high blood pressure can be signs for preeclampsia. Since the Doctor's office lab was closed, we were sent over to the hospital's labor and delivery ward for monitoring and testing. Of course the talk of inducing labor made me think that I was not prepared and it tested my mettle. The hospital monitoring and test results showed that we were not in any danger so we were able to leave several hours later. Thankfully, our doula Brenda met us at the hospital and brought welcoming assurance and accompanied us home. Mom and baby are fine and I have a few more things now on my list to bring to the hospital when its no longer a test- but the real thing.

No comments: