Friday, March 4, 2011

Business Trip/Staycation

An innocent commute to a two-day conference accidentally turned into a full-on staycation.What was simply a last minute verification of location (I thought it was downtown, but it was actually Century City), ended up turning my plans upside down. So, instead of 8-9 hours of driving on two roundtrips on a holiday weekend, I called Jeff at work and suggested he meet me at the hotel in Century City with the kids later that evening. We are (for once) sooo spontaneous!!

Following a half-day of sessions from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), I showed up to the room to find this.

Gianna really needs to get out more. She was stoked, and couldn't stop playing peek-a-boo on the enormous bed.

We went for a walk to the nearby Century City Plaza/Mall, and they had a family room with couches and toys and mini-toilets and changing tables, etc. It was phenom! Oh, and we ate dinner.

It wasn't exactly a restful night, but awaking to this silliness was worth it.

Classic. Little prince.

I spent the rest of the day in great sessions and Jeff entertained the children at parks and bike shops. We met up and split the kids so both of us would have a carpool. And we all came together again, almost 2 1/2 hours later at home. At least Jeff and I each had company!

No comments: