Friday, October 1, 2010

Gianna's .5 year birthday


Party on! Yeah!

My little six month old is such a big girl. This is her "I'm feeling my first two bottom teeth poking through" face.

Brother and sister are inseparable. I absolutely love it. Adorbs.

Looks like Enzo is scheming something up. Gianna will surely be his accomplice.


Being vertical is amazing!!!


I mean, don't you just want to knead these legs?? Who wears short shorts??

Enzo hands his Baby Einstein activity table down to sissy. Here is her orientation.

Gianna also likes Cousin Kayden's activity center. This one bounces!!

Here are more 6 month old stats:

*Gianna grabs hold of everything. Hair. Necklaces. Eyelids. Keeping her fingernails manicured has been key.

*She has begun to transfer objects from one hand to another.

*She still isn't a great roller-overer, however she can sit up sorta with her hands as her tripod. Side to side stability isn't so great yet.

*Still not a fan of rice cereal or oatmeal. It's a struggle to get 3 tablespoons twice a day in this little one's mouth. Still being nursed when I'm home with her, and breastmilk in a bottle when I'm not.
*Gianna is an excellent bicycle rider; that is, she furiously and independently rotates her legs in circles like she's riding a bike. Fast. So, what used to be a mermaid thump has turned into a bike ride.
*The mermaid thump comes out still frequently during bouts of stomach cramping. We can't seem to get this under control. My little girl is in pain - a lot - and there is nothing I can do to relieve it.

*Gianna wakes 1-2 times per night with gas, bloating, and pain. The only remedy is a nursing session. Yawn.

*She is officially wearing 6 month sized clothes.

*She smiles at strangers and has begun to heartily laugh - especially at herself in the mirror. Or when I make obscenely twisted and contorted faces.

Happy half year birthday, baby girl!

No comments: