Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Lord (and Dad) is Born!

After Jeff got home from work, we spent over an hour on the freeway to my dad's house - which usually only takes 30 minutes - to celebrate the birth of my dad. And Christ. He cooked us a lovely roast beef dinner - Uncle Johnny was able to join my sisters, Jeff, Enzo and I for some good Jesmer fun.


This year, Enzo was completely engaged in the unwrapping of gifts, which was a lot more fun than watching him eat wrapping paper. One of the favorites was the bouncing turtle. And that was BEFORE he hopped on.







Another favorite was a custom gift conceptualized, designed, and produced by my ingenious husband, Jeff. Since my dad has excessive arthritis in his back as well as two fake hips, clipping his toenails is quite the challenge for him. And since we've each been asked repeatedly to clip them for him, Jeff created a solution. The Extender Jesmer Clipper. Yes, a toenail clipper as well as magnifying glass mounted to the "Gopher" grabber. A freaking cable actuated toenail clipper.

And, please take note of the hooter hider covered in skulls worn by my sister, Claire, as she nurses Kayden. I'm so borrowing that.


Here, Enzo tests out the gift he gave to his cousin, Kayden.


A delicious cake baked by Josie. And decorated by Uncle Johnny. "Mer-py Birth-mas Gor-ther" translates into "Merry/Happy Birthday/Christmas Gordon/Father." Year after year, it never gets old.

No comments: