Tuesday, August 25, 2009

He walks!!


Notice Jeff's ready-position in the background. He keeps insisting we should put a helmet and pads on Enzo. At all times. Seriously.

Milestones are important and all, but I've tried not to be so caught up in content of the first weekly, then monthly Babycenter.com emails about where my kid should be developmentally. BUT... when I got the last email that said that "by now your child is walking everywhere, running, and jumping -- unless yours is of the 7% not yet walking" I blew a gasket. What?!?! Bottom 7%?? I was semi-okay last month when he was in the bottom 25%, but hey, I don't want to carry my child into 1st grade because he hasn't taken his first steps yet. Sheese.

The very next day... he took his first steps. See, there's nothing to get worked up for. Milestone, schmilestone. I think this boy's just lazy. And precious, too.

No comments: