Friday, December 5, 2008

My first "activity center"

Someone at Church insisted we take this gently used Fisher Price activity center for Enzo. After a thorough cleaning and online check for any safety recalls (aka good parent due diligence), we plopped Enzo in the seat and let him have at it. I know he was thinking something like, "what am I doing not laying or sitting?" or "are my feet really supposed to be flat so I can't curl my toes anymore?"


After about 2 1/2 minutes of uncertainty, he found every single toy and noise maker on the activity center and was loving it! Stomping and kinda running in place. Seriously.

As it turns out (after a 3 hour circuitry overhaul on the electric control panel of the unit carried out by his father), we learned that the electric brain of the activity center is shot. So, the foot "piano" pedals don't make any music, nor do the lights. So much for a step and play piano that neither plays nor is a piano. I guess we got what we paid for. Nothing.
Except for several ear to ear grins. Ahhh....

1 comment:

Amy G. said...

Look at that laughter! He's getting so big, I can't believe it. And I'm excited to have found my "knee twin."